Architecture as experience [electronic resource] : radical change in spatial practice / edited by Dana Arnold and Andrew BallantyneView ebook from EBSCOhost eBook Collection. (Limited number of copies; see full record.) 1 available
- xii, 300 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.
- EBSCOhost eBook Collection. (Formerly NetLibrary)
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 277-295) and index.
- Misprisions of Stonehenge / Andrew Ballantyne -- 'The mutability of all things' : the rise, fall and rise of the Meta Sudans fountain in Rome / Elizabeth Marlowe -- Piranesi's pantheon / Susan M. Dixon -- From medieval sacred place to modern secular space : changing perspectives on the cathedral and town of Chartres / Laura H. Hollengreen -- Paths of empowerment : ritual reinscription of meaning on the plan of Amsterdam, 1886-1914 / Nancy Stieber -- Caput mundi? St Peter's and the deterritorialised church / Donald McNeill -- Places and memory : multiple readings of a plaza in Paris during the commemoration of the French Revolution / Sarah Bonnemaison -- Three views of 'frontier' at the World's Columbian Exposition / Christine Macy -- The erasure of history : from Victorian asylum to 'Princess Park Manor' / Deborah E.B. Weiner -- If walls could talk : exploring the dimensions of heterotopia at the Four Seasons Istanbul Hotel / Zeynep Kezer -- Ritual as radical change : the burial of the Unknown Soldier and 'ways of using' the space of Washington, DC, 11 November 1921 / Hélène Lipstadt -- London Bridge revisited / Dana Arnold.
- Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : NetLibrary, 2004. Available via World Wide Web. Access may be limited to NetLibrary affiliated libraries. This edition published in the Taylor & Francis e-Library, 2004.
- Architecture and history.
- Space (Architecture)
- Added Author
- Arnold, Dana.
- Ballantyne, Andrew.
- NetLibrary, Inc.
- Other Form:
- Original 0415301580 0415301599 (DLC) 2003017309 (OCoLC)52775186
- 0203643763 (electronic bk.)