Cormac McCarthy : new directions / edited by James D. Lilley1 available
PS3563.C337 Z63 2002
- 1st ed.
- x, 350 p. ; 24 cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: "There was map enough for men to read": storytelling, the Border trilogy, and New directions / James D. Lilley -- History and the ugly facts of Blood meridian / Dana Phillips -- The lay of the land in Cormac McCarthy's Appalachia / K. Wesley Berry -- The sacred hunter and the eucharist of the wilderness: mythic reconstructions in Blood meridian / Sara Spurgeon -- History, bloodshed, and the spectacle of American identity in Blood meridian / Adam Parkes -- Abjection and "the feminine" in Outer dark / Ann Fisher-Wirth -- All the pretty Mexicos: Cormac McCarthy's Mexican representations / Daniel Cooper Alarcón -- "Blood is blood": All the pretty horses in the multicultural literature class / Timothy P. Caron -- The cave of oblivion: platonic mythology in Child of God / Dianne C. Luce -- From Beowulf to Blood meridian: Cormac McCarthy's demystification of the martial code / Rick Wallach -- McCarthy and the sacred: a reading of The crossing / Edwin T. Arnold -- "See the child": the melancholy subtext of Blood meridian / George Guillemin -- Leaving the dark night of the lie: a Kristevan reading of Cormac McCarthy's border fiction / Linda Townley Woodson -- "Hallucinated recollections": narrative as spatialized perception of history in The orchard keeper / Matthew R. Horton -- Cormac McCarthy's sense of an ending: serialized narrative and revision in Cities of the plain / Robert L. Jarrett.
- McCarthy, Cormac, 1933- -- Criticism and interpretation.
- Mexican-American Border Region -- In literature.
- Southern States -- In literature.
- Tennessee, East -- In literature.
- Added Author
- Lilley, James D. (James David), 1971-
- 0826327664 (cloth : alk. paper)