Envisioning the past : archaeology and the image / edited by Sam Smiles and Stephanie MoserTable of contents 1 available
CC79.I44 E585 2005
- xiii, 246 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- New interventions in art history
- New interventions in art history.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Romancing the human : popular culture constructions of human origins / Paul Privateer -- "We grew up and moved on" : visitors to British museums consider their "cradle of mankind" / Monique Scott -- The American time machine : Indians and the visualization of ancient Europe / Stephanie Pratt -- "To make the dry bones live" : Amédée Forestier's Glastonbury lake villages / James Phillips -- Unlearning the images of archaeology / Dana Arnold -- Illustrating ancient Rome, or The ichnographia as uchronia and other time warps in Piranesi's Il Campo Marzio / Susan M. Dixon -- Thomas Guest and Paul Nash in Wiltshire : two episodes in the artistic approach to British antiquity / Sam Smiles -- A different way of seeing : towards a visual analysis of archaeological folklore / Darren Glazier -- Photography and archaeology : the image as object / Frederick N. Bohrer -- Wearing Juninho's shirt : record and negotiation in excavation photographs / Jonathan Bateman -- Video killed engaging VR? : computer visualizations on the tv screen / Graeme Earl -- The real, the virtually real, and the hyperreal -- the role of VR in archaeology / Mark Gillings.
- Processing Action
- committed to retain 20160630 20310630 EAST http://eastlibraries.org/retained-materials TWU
- Imaging systems in archaeology.
- Added Author
- Smiles, Sam.
- Moser, Stephanie.
- 1405111518 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- 140511150X (pbk. : alk. paper)