African American women's health and social issues [electronic resource] / edited by Catherine Fisher Collins ; foreword by Vivian W. PinnView ebook from ABC-Clio. (Unlimited users) 1 available
- 2nd ed.
- 232 p. : ill. ; 25 cm.
- ABC-CLIO eBook Collection.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- African American women and heart disease / Lynn Valencia Perry-Bottinger -- Breast cancer in African American women / Patricia K. Bradley -- Understanding sickle cell disease for African American women / Jamesetta A. Newland and Cassandra Dobson -- Sickle cell disease : what's going on? insights for women / Cheryl Hunter-Grant -- Diabetes and African American women / Catherine Fisher Collins -- HIV/AIDS: confronting the health risk factors / Lorraine E. Peeler -- Social construction and social transmission of HIV/AIDS / Lorraine E. Peeler -- Allowing illness in order to heal: sojourning the African American woman and the AIDS pandemic / Renee Bowman Daniels -- African American women and depression / Fredia Hopkins Outlaw -- Homeless women: caught in a web of poverty / Juanita K. Hunter -- Informed decisions: paving the way to informed consent / Rhea J. Simmons -- Women in the shadow: seeking health, seeking self / Virginia A. Batchelor -- Women of color and the roots of coping: a literary perspective / Imani Lillie B. Fryar.
- African American women -- Health and hygiene.
- African American women -- Diseases.
- African American women -- Social conditions.
- Added Author
- Collins, Catherine Fisher.
- Other Form:
- Original 0865692505
- 0313037833 (e-Book)
- 9780313037832 (e-Book)
- 0865692505 (alk. paper)