Transforming scholarship : why women's and gender studies students are changing themselves and the world / Michele Tracey Berger, Cheryl Radeloff1 available
HQ1181.U5 B47 2011
- xvii, 278 p. ; 24 cm.
- Contemporary sociological perspectives
- Contemporary sociological perspectives series.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 266-272) and index.
- Introduction: Transform yourself: an invitation to explore your interest in women's and gender studies -- Section One: You've discovered women's and gender studies and want to know more: great! now what? -- 1 The birth of women's and gender studies and who we are now: your inheritance as a student of women's and gender studies -- 2 Claiming your education -- Section Two: You've committed to learning in women's and gender studies: great! now what? -- 3 How YOU can talk about women's and gender studies anytime, anywhere, and to anyone -- 4 Discovering and claiming your internal strengths and external skills -- Section Three: You're graduating: great! now what? -- 5 Women's and gender studies graduates as change agents: six profiles -- 6 Transform your world: preparing to graduate and living your feminist life.
- Intended for use in an introductory course on the subject, or as a practical guide for curious students, this bookùwith data and inspirationùfirmly answers the important question, "What can I do with my interest in women's and gender studies?" This innovative book draws its answers from the largest global database of women's and gender studies graduates ever assembled, and its chapters are filled with impressive empirical data as to how and why these programs are growing rapidly worldwide, and why their students find meaningful employment. --Book Jacket.
- Women's studies -- United States.
- Feminism -- United States.
- Women college graduates -- United States.
- Vocational guidance -- United States.
- Added Author
- Radeloff, Cheryl.
- 9780415873284 (pbk.)
- 0415873282 (pbk.)
- 9780415873277 (hbk.)
- 0415873274 (hbk.)
- 9780203829967 (e-book)
- 0203829964 (e-book)