The new psychology of love / edited by Robert J. Sternberg and Karin WeisView ebook from JSTOR. (Unlimited users) 1 available
- 1 online resource (viii, 338 pages) : illustrations
- text txt rdacontent
- computer c rdamedia
- online resource cr rdacarrier
- data file
- JSTOR EBA.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- A dynamical evolutionary view of love / Douglas T. Kenrick -- A behavioral systems approach to romantic love relationships : attachment, caregiving, and sex / Phillip R. Shaver and Mario Mikulincer -- The evolution of love / David M. Buss -- The drive to love : the neural mechanism for mate selection / Helen Fisher -- A biobehavioral model of attachment and bonding / James F. Leckman [and others] -- Styles of romantic love / Clyde Hendrick and Susan S. Hendrick -- Searching for the meaning of "love" / Ellen Berscheid -- A duplex theory of love / Robert J. Sternberg -- Giving and receiving communal responsiveness as love / Margaret S. Clark and Joan K. Monin -- A prototype approach to studying love / Beverley Fehr -- Evolutionary and cross-cultural perspectives on love : the influence of gender, personality, and local ecology on emotional investment in romantic relationships / David P. Schmitt -- Passionate love : cross-cultural and evolutionary perspectives / Debra Lieberman and Elaine Hatfield -- Individualism, collectivism, and the psychology of love / Karen K. Dion and Kenneth L. Dion -- Conclusion : The nature and interrelations of theories of love / Karin Weis.
- Use copy Restrictions unspecified star MiAaHDL
- Electronic reproduction. [Place of publication not identified] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010. MiAaHDL
- System Details
- Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002. http://purl.oclc.org/DLF/benchrepro0212 MiAaHDL
- Processing Action
- digitized 2010 HathiTrust Digital Library committed to preserve pda MiAaHDL
- Print version record.
- "The essays in this book are written by a more than a dozen expert contributors, and address questions about defining love, the evidence for competing theories, and practical implications. Taken together, these essays offer a comprehensive comparison of contemporary data and theories." "As a follow-up to The Psychology of Love, which was published in 1988, this new collection engages with the many changes in the study of love in recent years. New theories are introduced, as are modifications to existing theories. Focusing not on a single point of view but on the entire range of current theories, The New Psychology of Love provides today's definitive account of the nature of love."--Jacket
- Local Note
- Love -- Psychological aspects.
- Amour -- Aspect psychologique.
- Love -- Psychological aspects. (OCoLC)fst01002780
- Psychologische aspecten.
- Electronic books.
- Added Author
- Sternberg, Robert J., editor.
- Sternberg, Karin, 1976- editor.
- Other Form:
- Print version: New psychology of love. New Haven, CT : Yale University Press, 2006 (DLC) 2006929463 (OCoLC)70399332
- 9780300159318 (electronic bk.)
- 0300159315 (electronic bk.)
- 9780300116977 (hbk. ; alk. paper)
- 0300116977 (hbk. ; alk. paper)
- 9780300136173 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- 030013617X (pbk. ; alk. paper)