APA handbook of sexuality and psychology / Deborah L. Tolman and Lisa M. Diamond, Editors-in-Chief ; José A. Bauermeister, William H. George, James G. Pfaus, and L. Monique Ward, Associate Editors2 available
BF692 .A63 2014
BF692 .A63 2014
- 2 volumes ; 29 cm.
- text txt rdacontent
- unmediated n rdamedia
- volume nc rdacarrier
- APA handbooks in psychology
- APA handbooks in psychology.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. Person-based approaches. Sexuality theory : a review, a revision and a recommendation / Deborah L. Tolman and Lisa M. Diamond ; Sexuality and gender : the interplay / Sabra L. Katz-Wise and Janet S. Hyde ; Psychology and sexuality in historical time / Michael Pettit and Peter Hegarty ; Survey methods in sexuality research / Vanessa Schick, Sarah K. Calabrese, and Debby Herbenick ; Experimental, neuroimaging, and psychophysiological methods in sexuality research / Meredith L. Chivers, Kelly D. Suschinsky, Amanda D. Timmers, and Jennifer A. Bossio ; Phenomenological research methods in the psychological study of sexuality / David M. Frost, Sara I. McClelland, Jennifer B. Clark, and Elizabeth A. Boylan ; Biology of the sexual response / James G. Pfaus, Lisa A. Scepkowski, Lesley Marson, and Janniko R. Georgiadis ; Sexual desire and pleasure / Lori A. Brotto and Kelly B. Smith ; Sexual diversity / Peggy J. Kleinplatz and Lisa M. Diamond ; Sexuality in the context of relationships / Emily A. Impett, Amy Muise, and Diana Peragine ; Sexual well-being / E. Sandra Byers and Uzma S. Rehman ; Sexuality and sexual violence / Nicola Gavey and Charlene Y. Senn ; Life-span sexuality through a sexual health perspective / Devon J. Hensel and J. Dennis Fortenberry ; Sexuality in childhood / Sharon Lamb and Aleksandra Plocha ; Sexuality in adolescence / Lucia F. O'Sullivan and Ashley E. Thompson ; Sexuality in emerging adulthood / Carolyn T. Halpern and Christine E. Kaestle ; Sexuality in aging / Pepper Schwartz, Sarah Diefendorf, and Anne McGlynn-Wright ; Theories and etiologies of sexual orientation / Margaret Rosario and Eric W. Schrimshaw ; Development of sexual orientation and identity / Brian Mustanski, Laura Kuper, and George J. Greene ; Gender and same-sex sexuality / Lisa M. Diamond ; Sexuality and health / William H. George, Jeanette Norris, Hong V. Nguyen, N. Tatiana Masters, and Kelly Cue Davis ; Sexuality and HIV/AIDS prevention / José A. Bauermeister, Katherine S. Elkington, and David Huebner ; Sexuality and reproductive health / Ronna Popkin and John Santelli ; Transgender identity development / Walter O. Bockting ; Sexuality and embodiment / Deborah L. Tolman, Christin P. Bowman, and Breanne Fahs.
- v. 2. Contextual approaches. Sexuality and pornography / Gert Martin Hald, Christopher Seaman, and Daniel Linz ; Sexuality and sex work / Lianne A. Urada, Shira M. Goldenberg, Kate Shannon, and Steffanie A. Strathdee ; Sexuality and new technologies / Eric R. Buhi, Heather Blunt, Christopher Wheldon, and Sheana S. Bull ; Sexuality and psychotherapy / Donald S. Strassberg and Julia E. Mackaronis ; The history of sexual medicine / Michael A. Perelman ; Sexuality and culture / V. Bede Agocha, Marysol Asencio, and Carlos Ulises Decena ; Sexual social movements and communities / Richard Parker, Jonathan Garcia, and Miguel Muñoz-Laboy ; Sexual rights for marginalized populations / Louis F. Graham and Mark Padilla ; Sexuality and globalities / Sonia Corrêa, Brian R. Davis, and Richard Parker ; Sexuality and social policy / Sara I. McClelland and David M. Frost ; Sexuality education / Nancy Kendall ; Sexuality and entertainment media / L. Monique Ward, Lauren Reed, Sarah L. Trinh, and Monica Foust ; Sexuality and religion / Krystal M. Hernandez, Annette Mahoney, and Kenneth I. Pargament.
- Sexuality is a fundamental component of human psychological experience, and yet it remains relatively underrepresented in the history of the psychological sciences. The APA Handbook on Sexuality and Psychology marks a turning point in the status of sexuality within the discipline of psychology. This comprehensive, two-volume handbook provides an overarching review of current empirical research on sexuality and a synthesis of the dominant theoretical perspectives that have guided both research and clinical practice. An organizing current throughout the volume is the integration of individual experience and social/cultural context across every domain of sexuality. This dual emphasis on person and context is reflected in the structure of the handbook itself. Volume 1 presents foundational information on the history, theoretical and methodological development and current practices in the field, and then moves on to address foundational aspects of sexuality, including desire, orientation, behavior and practices, individual lifespan development, and biological substrates. Volume 2 broadens the analytical frame to emphasize the core contextual factors known to influence the development, expression and interpretation of sexuality and its expression in and through all of the key social institutions of our society, including marginalized populations, education, sexual rights and communities, globalization, religion and the media"-- Publisher's description.
- Sex (Psychology)
- Sexuality -- psychology.
- Sexual Behavior -- psychology.
- Added Author
- Tolman, Deborah L.
- Diamond, Lisa M. (Lisa Michelle)
- Added Title
- Sexuality and psychology