Art history / Marilyn Stokstad, Michael W. Cothren1 available
N5300 .S923 2018
- Sixth edition.
- 2 volumes (xxxvii, 1194 pages) : illustrations (chiefly color), maps ; 28 cm
- text txt rdacontent
- unmediated n rdamedia
- volume nc rdacarrier
- Art History is global in scope and inclusive in its coverage. Author Marilyn Stokstat highlights the role of women in the history of art both my increasing the number of women artists and by expanding the range of art to focus on media and genres that have traditionally engaged female artists and patrons. The sixth edition has been revised to reflect new discoveries, recent research, and fresh interpretive perspectives, and also to address the changing needs of both students and educators.
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Volume 1. Prehistoric art -- Art of the ancient Near East -- Art of ancient Egypt -- Art of the ancient Aegean -- Art of ancient Greece -- Etruscan and Roman Art -- Jewish and early Christian art -- Byzantine art -- Islamic art -- Art of South and Southeast Asia before 1200 -- Chinese and Korean art before 1279 -- Japanese art before 1333 -- Art of the Americas before 1300 -- Arts of Africa to the sixteenth century -- Early Medieval art in Europe -- Romanesque art -- Gothic art of the twelfth and thirteenth Centuries -- Fourteenth-century art in Europe.
- Volume 2. Fourteenth-century art in Europe -- Fifteenth-century art in northern Europe -- Renaissance art in fifteenth century Italy -- Sixteenth-century art in Italy -- Sixteenth-century art in northern Europe and the Iberian Peninsula -- Seventeenth-century art in Europe -- Art of south and southeast Asia after 1200 -- Chinese and Korean art after 1279 -- Japanese art after 1333 -- Art of the Americas after 1300 -- Art of Pacific cultures -- Arts of Africa from the sixteenth century to the present -- European and American art, 1715-1840 -- Mid- to late nineteenth-century art in Europe and the United States -- Modern art in Europe and the Americas, 1900-1950 -- The international scene since 1950s.
- Art -- History -- Textbooks.
- Added Author
- Cothren, Michael Watt, author.
- 9780134484648 ́(a la carte edition, volume 1)
- 0134484649 ́(a la carte edition, volume 1)
- 9780134484662 ́(a la carte edition, volume 2)
- 0134484665 ́(a la carte edition, volume 2)
- 9780134479279 (student edition volume 1)
- 0134479270 (student edition volume 1)
- 9780134479262 (student edition volume 2)
- 0134479262 (student edition volume 2)
- 9780134475882 (combined volume)
- 0134475887 (combined volume)
- 0134484614 (Instructor's review copy)
- 9780134484617 (Instructor's review copy)