The Thames and Hudson dictionary of fashion and fashion designers / Georgina O'Hara CallanView eBook from Credo Reference. 1 available
- Revised, expanded and updated edition.
- 1 online resource (1279 entries) : 371 images ; digital files.
- text rdacontent
- still image rdacontent
- electronic isbdmedia
- online resource rdacarrier
- World of art
- World of art.
- Credo reference.
- Previous ed. published under title: The encyclopaedia of fashion.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
- This indispensable guide to fashion provides in many entries detailed information on the life and work of every important designer from 1840 up to the present day, including not only couturiers (Yves Saint Laurent) but also shoe (Manolo Blahnik), hat and knitwear specialists, costume designers, jewelers (Elsa Peretti) and hairdressers. It also covers the fashion media (Gazette du bon ton), photographers (Norman Parkinson) and illustrators, influential art movements (Cubism), fashion terms, garmet and accessory styles, technical processes, and every kind of fabric, as well as personalities who have influenced fashion or promoted a style (Twiggy; Queen Victoria). International in scope, it is an essential sourcebook for designers, students, collectors and enthusiasts. Its full cross-referencing and wide ranging bibliography provide invaluable additional information.
- System Details
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Description based on title page of print version.
- Fashion -- Dictionaries.
- Fashion designers -- Dictionaries.
- Clothing and dress -- History -- 19th century -- Dictionaries.
- Clothing and dress -- History -- 20th century -- Dictionaries.
- Electronic books.
- Added Author
- Callan, Georgina O'Hara. Encyclopaedia of fashion.
- Credo Reference (Firm), distributor.
- Added Title
- Dictionary of fashion and fashion designers.
- Fashion and fashion designers.
- Other Form:
- Print version: 050020313X 9780500203132 (DLC) 97061609 272 pages : illustrations (some color)
- 050020313X paperback
- 9781849722476 electronic version