Ethics challenges in forensic psychiatry and psychology practice / edited by Ezra E.H. GriffithView ebook from JSTOR. (Unlimited users) 1 available
- 1 online resource (ix, 363 pages)
- text txt rdacontent
- computer c rdamedia
- online resource cr rdacarrier
- JSTOR EBA.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Part I. Approaches to solving ethics problems in forensic practice. Resolving ethics dilemmas in forensic practice / William Connor Darby and Robert Weinstock -- Feminism and forensic ethics / Navneet Sidhu and Philip Candilis -- Ethics challenges for forensic practice in a context of limited resources / Maisha Emmanuel and Michael Campbell -- On wearing two hats : ethics challenges and role conflicts in forensic practice / Rebecca Weintraub Brendel -- Objectivity and boundaries of competence as ethical issues in forensic assessments / Jennifer Cox and Stanley L. Brodsky -- Part II. Ethics in major areas of forensic practice. Minors' autonomy in forensic child and adolescent practice / Peter Ash -- Ethics dilemmas in correctional institutions / Graham D. Glancy and Alexander Simpson -- Forensic ethics and involuntary outpatient commitment / Ezra E.H. Griffith and Daniel Papapietro -- Neuroscience in forensic contexts : ethical concerns / Stephen J. Morse -- Part III. Specific ethics problems in forensic practice. Ethical issues in the use of psychological testing in forensic assessment / Lori L. Hauser
- Ethics and the mandated video recording of forensic evaluations / Richard Martinez and B. Thomas Gray -- Current ethics dilemmas in the assessment and treatment of sex offenders / Dominique Bourget and John Bradford -- The Internet and forensic ethics / Patricia R. Recupero and Frederick G. Reamer -- Ethical dilemmas in the forensic psychiatric evaluation of Guantanamo detainees mass administered mefloquine / Remington L. Nevin and Elspeth Cameron Ritchie -- Terrorism and national security evaluations : ethics dilemmas in forensic practice / Stephen N. Xenakis -- Ethics and forensic specialists interacting with the media / Brian K. Cooke -- Ethics dilemmas for forensic practitioners working with asylum petitioners / Chinmoy Gulrajani and Maya Prabhu -- Addressing ethics dilemmas in violence risk assessment : a forensic psychologist perspective / Linda E. Weinberger and Shoba Sreenivasan -- Forensic ethics challenges in the psychiatric treatment of children / Thomas J. McMahon and Christy Olezeski -- Forensic ethics and clinical collaborations across medical specialties / Christy Olezeski and Thomas J. McMahon.
- Online resource; title from PDF title page (JSTOR, viewed November 26, 2019).
- Forensic psychiatry and psychology involve specialized practice with unique patients, including children, the incarcerated, and involuntary clients, presenting practitioners with specific ethics challenges. In this volume, Ezra E. H. Griffith offers a selection of engaging essays that guide practicing forensic specialists through particular situations that often result in ethics dilemmas.In chapters covering topics such as forensic practice and critical feminist theory, neuroethics in court, work with asylum applicants, and ethics problems presented by the internet, the contributors demonstrate methods to help practitioners resolve problems that they are likely to encounter in forensic practice. The concentrated focus on thinking through ethics quandaries encourages forensic practitioners to reflect regularly on the ethics dimensions of their work and provides them with the tools to create ethics-based solutions that are transparent and understandable and best serve their clients. This essential book provides a roadmap for specialists in these evolving fields to recognize dilemmas through reflection and consideration, thoughtfully articulate the problems, and create solutions.
- In English.
- Local Note
- Forensic psychology -- Moral and ethical aspects.
- Forensic psychologists -- Professional ethics.
- Psychologists -- Professional ethics.
- Forensic Psychiatry -- ethics
- Criminal Psychology -- ethics
- Decision Making -- ethics
- United States
- Psychologie légale -- Aspect moral.
- Psychologues judiciaires -- Déontologie.
- Psychologues -- Déontologie.
- PSYCHOLOGY / Practice Management
- Psychologists -- Professional ethics. (OCoLC)fst01081434
- Electronic books.
- Added Author
- Griffith, Ezra E. H., 1942- editor.
- Other Form:
- Print version: Ethics challenges in forensic psychiatry and psychology practice. New York : Columbia University Press,  9780231183307 (DLC) 2017033084 (OCoLC)993635550
- 9780231544849 (electronic bk.)
- 0231544847 (electronic bk.)
- 9780231183307 (cloth ; alk. paper)
- 9780231183314 (pbk. : acid-free paper)
- Standard No.
- 10.7312/grif18330 doi