Lean on PeteView streaming video from Kanopy. Cover Image 2 available
St. Andrews-Sewanee School - General
- 1 online resource (streaming video file) (122 minutes): digital, .flv file, sound
- two-dimensional moving image tdi rdacontent
- computer c rdamedia
- online resource cr rdacarrier
- video file MPEG-4 Flash
- Kanopy streaming video.
- Title from title frames.
- In Process Record.
- Charlie Plummer, Chloe Sevigny, Steve Buscemi, Travis Fimmel
- Originally produced by A24 in 2017.
- A deeply moving story about love, loneliness, family, and friendship, told through the unique prism of one boy’s connection to a very special racehorse. Fifteen-year-old Charley Thompson (Charlie Plummer) arrives in Portland, Oregon with his single father Ray (Travis Fimmel), both eager for a fresh start after a series of hard knocks. While Ray descends into personal turmoil, Charley finds acceptance and camaraderie at a local racetrack where he lands a job caring for an aging horse named Lean On Pete. The horse's gruff owner Del Montgomery (Steve Buscemi) and his seasoned jockey Bonnie (Chloë Sevigny) help Charley fill the void of his father's absence—until he discovers that Pete is bound for slaughter, prompting him to take extreme measures to spare his new friend’s life. Winner of Best Young Actor at the **Venice Film Festival**.
- System Details
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- In English
- Vlautin, Willy -- Film adaptations.
- Fathers and sons -- Drama.
- Feature films.
- Streaming videos.
- Added Author
- Haigh, Andrew, film director.
- Plummer, Charlie, actor.
- Sevigny, Chloe, actor.
- Buscemi, Steve, actor.
- Fimmel, Travis, actor.
- A24 (Firm), Distributor.
- Kanopy (Firm), Distributor.
- Music No.
- 6332602 Kanopy