Power and identity in the Chinese world order : festschrift in honour of professor Wang Gungwu / edited by Billy K.L. So [and others]View ebook from JSTOR. (Unlimited users) 1 available
- 1 online resource (xiv, 460 pages) : illustrations
- text txt rdacontent
- computer c rdamedia
- online resource cr rdacarrier
- JSTOR EBA.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Wang Gungwu : the historian in his times / Philip A. Kuhn -- The Fujianese revolutionaries, 1895-1911 / Lee Kam-keung -- Nation, territory and frontier : Chiang Kai-shek's realism in action / So Wai-chor -- The Kuomintang peace mission on the eve of the Communist takeover / Huang Jianli -- The new positioning of Hong Kong after reunification with mainland China / Jane Lee -- A biographical sketch of Liu Xuexun : the controversial and mysterious Guangdong gambling farmer, mandarin-capitalist and secret agent in modern China / Ho Hon-wai -- Illusions of autonomy? Journalism, commerce and the state in republican China / Terry Narramore -- Chinese nationalism and democracy during the war period, 1937-1945 : a critique of the Jiuwang-Qimeng dichotomy / Edmund S.K. Fung -- Negotiating Chinese identity in five dynasties narratives : from the Old history to the New history / Billy K.L. So -- Treaties, politics and the limits of local diplomacy in Fuzhou in the early 1850s / Ng Chin-keong -- On being Chinese / Adrian Chan -- The returned overseas Chinese community in Hong Kong : some observations / James Chin -- Writing the Chinese Canadian diaspora : multiculturalism and Confucian values / Jennifer W. Jay -- Langxian's 'Siege at Yangzhou' : a post-Ming reading / Antonia Finnane -- The slave who would be equal : the significance of Liang Qichao's Australian writings / John Fitzgerald -- Wang Gungwu : an oral history / Lee Guan-kin -- Selected publications (1957-2001) / Wang Gungwu.
- Print version record.
- Use copy Restrictions unspecified star MiAaHDL
- Electronic reproduction. [Place of publication not identified] : HathiTrust Digital Library, 2010. MiAaHDL
- System Details
- Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002. http://purl.oclc.org/DLF/benchrepro0212 MiAaHDL
- Processing Action
- digitized 2010 HathiTrust Digital Library committed to preserve pda MiAaHDL
- This book is a celebration of the life, work, and impact of Professor Wang Gungwu over the past four decades. It commemorates his contribution to the study of Chinese history and the abiding influence he has exercised over later generations of historians, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Local Note
- China -- History -- 20th century.
- China -- Social conditions.
- HISTORY -- Asia -- China.
- Social conditions (OCoLC)fst01919811
- China. (OCoLC)fst01206073
- Culturele identiteit.
- Chronological Term
- Electronic books.
- Electronic books.
- History. (OCoLC)fst01411628
- Added Author
- Wang, Gungwu.
- Other Form:
- Print version: Power and identity in the Chinese world order. Hong Kong : Hong Kong University Press, 2003 9789622095908 (DLC) 2004416549 (OCoLC)56834558
- 9789882202511 (electronic bk.)
- 9882202519 (electronic bk.)
- Report No.
- JSTOR purchased