The year in fashion [electronic resource] : 2013 / by VideofashionView streaming video from Academic Video Online. 1 available
- 1 online resource (48 min.)
- Playing Time
- Streaming videos. local
- Academic video online.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Jul. 30, 2014).
- "Videofashion's The Year in Fashion 2013 brings you the brightest fashion highlights of the past 12 months. 2013 saw the fashion community celebrating fantastical fashion moments, hailing sensational comebacks, marking political milestones and surmounting unexpected misfortunes. In a year with many newsworthy memories, creativity was at its zenith. At Alexander McQueen, designer Sarah Burton offered a wasp-waisted, sweet escape for Spring 2013. Miuccia Prada explores the Land of the Rising Sun in a thoughtful and eye-opening Spring collection. Indulge yourself in the deliciously affordable and fabulous capsule collection of Anna Dello Russo for H&M. Master milliner Philip Treacy presented a collection of headwear inspired by Michael Jackson and by Lady Gaga, who opened the show. Fellow designers and famous faces were on hand to support Hedi Slimane and his highly anticipated runway debut for Saint Laurent. New York City got punk'd with the Metropolitan Museum of Art's latest fashion exhibition, "Punk: Chaos to Couture". Thom Browne spun a romantic tale around classic tailoring and got a big boost from First Lady Michelle Obama. Fur is in the air, as we give the Beauty Buzz backstage at Fendi for Fall. Julien Macdonald returned to London Fashion Week with a Sin-City sensibility. Fashion's biggest designers, models and celebrities honor the best and brightest in the industry at the 2013 CFDA Fashion Awards. Oscar de la Renta crafted a Fall collection that was full of youthful energy- and an exciting collaboration with John Galliano in the design room. Plus, optimism and glamour are brought into the light at Marc Jacobs' dazzling Fall 2013 show."--Publisher website.
- Previously released as DVD.
- In English.
- Fashion designers.
- Fashion shows.
- Fashion -- History -- 21st century.
- Models (Persons)
- Documentary television programs.
- Added Author
- Cardin, Marlene McGinnis. Producer.
- Charney, Nicolas H. Director.
- Videofashion Network. prn