23 of 10
Chemistry. Unit 10, Acids and bases : the voyage of the proton / [produced by the Science Media Group at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics]View streaming video from Academic Video Online. 1 available
- 1 online resource (29 minutes)
- Playing Time
- two-dimensional moving image tdi rdacontent
- computer c rdamedia
- video v rdamedia
- online resource cr rdacarrier
- video file rda
- Streaming videos. local
- Academic video online.
- "Challenges and solutions".
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 14, 2018).
- Acids and bases are found all around us, and the currency of acid-base chemistry is the proton, or hydrogen ion. Acid-base chemistry is part of everyday life, from baking and the food we eat to the innumerable reactions that keep the human body alive. Acid-base chemistry is measured on the pH scale—the concentration of hydrogen ions in a solution. Buffers can control pH, whether used in the lab or in the acid-base components of human blood. The role of acids and bases will be shown in food—from the rise of a cake to the making of cheese. In the environment, acid rain plagues industrial portions of the world; the chemical nature of acid rain reactions and the environmental response and impact are part of acid-base chemistry.
- In English.
- Chemistry, Physical and theoretical.
- Instructional films.
- Nonfiction films.
- Added Author
- Allardi, Steven J., producer.
- Lewicke, Anna, narrator.
- Brunet, Adam, 1965- onscreen presenter.
- Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. Science Media Group, production company.
- Annenberg Learner (Firm), film distributor.
- Added Title
- Chemistry : challenges and solutions