Fashion and clothing [electronic resource] / TVA Films (Firm)View streaming video from Films on Demand. 1 available
- 1 streaming video file (53 min.) : sd., col., digital file.
- Behold Humanity! A Sociological Perspective
- Behold humanity! a sociological perspective.
- Films on demand.
- Encoded with permission for digital streaming by Infobase on Sept. 19, 2005.
- Films on Demand is distributed by Infobase for Films for the Humanities & Sciences, Cambridge Educational, Meridian Education, and Shopware.
- Clothes Reveal Who We Are (2:53) -- Using Clothes to Cover or Seduce (2:27) -- Ancient Egyptian and Roman Clothes (3:17) -- Invention of Fashion and Style (2:50) -- Clothing and the Sumptuary Law (2:32) -- Renaissance and French Fashion (4:29) -- Nineteenth Century Fashion (3:16) -- Early Twentieth Century Fashion (2:15) -- Fashion: Rebellion and Identity (7:01) -- Fashion: Variety and Choice (3:13) -- Ethnic Fashions and Gender Fashions (3:05) -- Erotic Clothes and Western Influences (2:30) -- World Dress: Suits and Jeans (2:48) -- Fashion Explosion (2:53) -- High Fashion and Multicultural Fashion (4:07)
- Access requires authentication through Films on Demand.
- Somewhere along the line clothing met fashion, and neither has been the same since. In this program, historian Valerie Steele, of the Fashion Institute of Technology, and other experts interpret the history of humankind-from the ancients to the moderns-through the intriguing context of costume. Topics include the origins of clothing; symbolism associated with clothing, such as gender and status; sexist aspects of fashion, from corsets to miniskirts; the impact of wartime rationing on clothing styles; icons of haute couture, including Coco Chanel; and even body piercing and tattoos as a form of contemporary personal expression.
- System Details
- Mode of access: Internet.
- System requirements: FOD playback platform.
- Title from distributor's description.
- Art -- Vocational guidance.
- Clothing and dress.
- Fashion design.
- Educational films.
- Internet videos.
- Streaming video.
- Added Author
- Films for the Humanities & Sciences (Firm)
- TVA Films (Firm)
- Other Form:
- Originally produced: TVA Films (Firm), 1998 9781421306230
- Music No.
- 10370 Infobase
- 11166s Infobase