Encyclopedia of African-American literature / Wilfred Samuels ; Tracie Guzzio [and] Loretta Gilchrist Woodard, associate editorsView eBook from Credo Reference. 1 available
- Second edition.
- [Enhanced Credo edition]
- 1 online resource (230 entries) : 46 images ; digital files.
- text rdacontent
- still image rdacontent
- electronic isbdmedia
- online resource rdacarrier
- Encyclopedia of American ethnic literature
- Facts on File library of American literature
- Encyclopedia of American ethnic literature.
- Facts on File library of American literature.
- Credo reference.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Introduction -- Entries A-Z -- Support materials: Major works by African-American writers; Bibliography of secondary sources -- Contributors.
- Access restricted to authorized users and institutions.
- Encyclopedia of African-American Literature, Second Edition covers the entire spectrum of the African-American literary tradition, from the 18th-century writings of pioneers such as Olaudah Equiano and Phillis Wheatley, to 20th-century canonic texts, to the finest of today's best-selling authors and rap artists.
- System Details
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Title from Web page (viewed on June 3, 2013).
- Description based on title screen of website (viewed May 24, 2019).
- American literature -- African American authors -- Encyclopedias.
- American literature -- African American authors -- Bio-bibliography -- Encyclopedias.
- African American authors -- Biography -- Encyclopedias.
- African Americans -- Intellectual life -- Encyclopedias.
- African Americans in literature -- Encyclopedias.
- Electronic books.
- Added Author
- Credo Reference (Firm), distributor.
- Other Form:
- Print version: 1438140592 9781438140599 x, 626 pages : illustrations
- 9781787852808 electronic version
- 9781438140599 electronic book
- 1438140592 electronic book