Art history : a very short introduction / Dana Arnold1 available
N7425 .A646 2020
- Second edition.
- xxvi, 137 pages : illustrations ; 18 cm.
- text txt rdacontent
- still image sti rdacontent
- unmediated n rdamedia
- volume nc rdacarrier
- Very short introductions ; 102
- Very short introductions ; 102.
- Previous edition: 2004.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 129-131) and index.
- What is art history? -- Writing art history -- A global art history? -- Presenting art history -- Thinking about art history -- Reading art -- Looking at art.
- Art History: A Very Short Introduction considers the issues, debates, and artefacts that make up art history. It explores the emergence of social histories of art and, using a wide range of images, it discusses key aspects of the discipline including how we write about, present, read, and look at art, and the impact this has on our understanding of art history. This second edition includes a new chapter on global art histories, considering how the traditional emphasis on periods and styles in art originated in Western art and can obscure other critical approaches and artwork from non-Western cultures.
- Art -- History.
- Art. (OCoLC)fst00815177
- Kunst (DE-588)4114333-4
- Kunstwissenschaft (DE-588)4120632-0
- History. (OCoLC)fst01411628
- 9780198831808 (paperback)
- 0198831803 (paperback)