The dictionary of fashion history / Valerie Cumming, C.W. Cunnington and P.E. Cunnington1 available
Reserve - 3 Hours - Circulation Desk
GT507 .C79 2017
Course reserve information
- Second edition.
- 366 pages : color illustrations ; 25 cm
- text txt rdacontent
- still image sti rdacontent
- unmediated n rdamedia
- volume nc rdacarrier
- "Based on A Dictionary of English Costume 900-1900 by C. W. Cunnington, P. E. Cunnington and Charles Beard, now completely revised, updated and supplemented to the present day by Valerie Cumming."
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 359-366).
- Introduction to the 2010 edition -- Introduction to the 2017 edition -- Preface to the first edition -- Guide to using the dictionary -- The dictionary of fashion history -- Glossary : fibres, fabrics, materials -- Glossary of laces -- Glossary : obsolete colour names.
- "This new edition of The Dictionary of Fashion History further updates the landmark work of C. Willett Cunnington, Phillis Cunnington and Charles Beard. Featuring over 60 new and revised entries on diverse topics such as the Onesie, Brothel Creepers and the Birkin Bag, this edition is even more comprehensive and brings this costume historian's bible fully up to date. With many more images to accompany the text and illustrate key fashions - including cartoons, prints and lavish color photographs of surviving garments - this version of the dictionary brings dazzling and unusual garments to life for researchers, students, costume designers and everyone interested in the subject. Clear, concise, and meticulous in detail, this essential reference work answers countless questions relating to the history of dress and adornment and will continue to be the definitive guide for many years to come."--Publisher's description.
- Clothing and dress -- History -- Dictionaries.
- Fashion -- History -- Dictionaries.
- Clothing and dress. (OCoLC)fst00864680
- Fashion. (OCoLC)fst00921600
- Dictionaries. (OCoLC)fst01423826
- History. (OCoLC)fst01411628
- Added Author
- Cunnington, C. Willett (Cecil Willett), 1878-1961.
- Cunnington, Phillis, 1887-1974.
- Other Form:
- ebook version : 9781472577719
- 9781472577702 paperback alkaline paper
- 1472577701 paperback alkaline paper
- 9781472577719 (ePDF)