SN Video coding and web development. SQL Server indexing, statistics, and parameter sniffing / SpringerView streaming video from Academic Video Online. 2 available
- 1 online resource (73 minutes)
- Playing Time
- two-dimensional moving image tdi rdacontent
- computer c rdamedia
- video v rdamedia
- online resource cr rdacarrier
- video file rda
- Academic video online.
- Title from resource description page (viewed March 5, 2021).
- Dive into performance tuning by learning how data is structured and accessed in SQL Server. Learn from this video how to use execution plans, IO metrics, and query timing to identify problematic queries and trace latency directly to missing or incorrect indexes. Also learn about cardinality and how it affects execution plans and overall query performance. Understanding how indexes and statistics work provides a solid foundation for writing better queries and architecting more effective database objects. The knowledge from this video helps you to dive further into procedural TSQL and identify why a stored procedure or ad-hoc query can perform unexpectedly badly. This video examines such cases through a discussion of the causes of poor performance in TSQL procedures along with solutions such as parameter sniffing. In addition, the video demonstrates how local variables perform differently from parameters and how plan reuse can benefit performance. When plan reuse harms performance, the correct solutions will be presented, allowing you to permanently solve a performance challenge without the use of hacks or temporary fixes. This video is for database administrators, developers, and architects who need to write fast and efficient database queries. For database administrators who are asked to troubleshoot slow queries to make them faster. For anyone working against SQL Server who relies upon highly performant queries to perform important tasks.
- In English.
- SQL server.
- Data structures (Computer science)
- Database management.
- Statistics -- Data processing.
- Electronic data processing.
- Instructional films.
- Streaming videos.
- Added Author
- Pollack, Edward (Database administrator), speaker.
- Springer Nature (Firm), publisher.
- Added Title
- SQL Server indexing, statistics, and parameter sniffing
- Springer Nature video coding and web development
- Other Form:
- Original version: 9781484257272
- Standard No.