Mahler : Ken Russell's film about the composer Gustav Mahler / Goodtimes Enterprises Ltd. ; Ken Russell, film directorView streaming video from Medici.tv. 1 available
- 1 online resource (1 video file (1 hr., 51 min.)) : sound, color
- Playing Time
- two-dimensional moving image tdi rdacontent
- computer c rdamedia
- online resource cr rdacarrier
- digital rda
- video file rda
- Motion picture.
- Medici.tv streaming video.
- English dialogue.
- Robert Powell, Georgina Hale, Lee Montague, Miriam Karlin, Rosalie Crutchley, Gary Rich, Richard Morant, Angela Down, Antonia Ellis, Ronald Pickup, Peter Eyre, Dana Gillespie, George Coulouris, David Collings, Arnold Yarrow, David Trevena, Elaine Delmar, Benny Lee, Andrew Faulds, Otto Diamant, Michael Southgate, Kenneth Colley, Sarah McClellan, Claire McClellan.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1974.
- Nominated at Cannes for the Palme d'Or in 1974, Mahler is unquestionably one of Ken Russell's most beautiful movies. The story takes place in 1911, shedding light on the last days of Gustav Mahler. Mahler was fifty when he conducted his last concert at the New York Philharmonic, of which he had been the musical director since 1909. When he was composing his Tenth Symphony, he fell seriously ill. Extremely weakned, he came back to Paris to get treatment, before passing away on May 18, 1911. In Mahler, Ken Russell uses a lot of flashbacks, showing a poor child suffering from his father's anger; a young musician frustrated by antisemetism and about to convert to catholicism; a husband tough with his wife whom he cherishes a lot; and a caring and loving father devastated by the death of his daughter.
- Vendor-supplied metadata.
- Local Note
- Mahler, Gustav, 1860-1911 -- Drama.
- Mahler, Alma, 1879-1964 -- Drama.
- Mahler, Alma, 1879-1964. (OCoLC)fst00000537
- Mahler, Gustav, 1860-1911. (OCoLC)fst00055671
- Composers -- Austria -- Biography -- Drama.
- Composers. (OCoLC)fst00871620
- Austria. (OCoLC)fst01204901
- Biographical films. (OCoLC)fst01710277
- Drama. (OCoLC)fst01423879
- Internet videos. (OCoLC)fst01750214
- Internet videos.
- Biographical films.
- Added Author
- Russell, Ken, 1927-2011, film director.
- Powell, Robert, 1944- actor.
- Hale, Georgina, actor.
- Montague, Lee, actor.
- Karlin, Miriam, actor.
- Crutchley, Rosalie, 1921-1997, actor.
- Rich, Gary, actor.
- Morant, Richard, actor.
- Down, Angela, actor.
- Ellis, Antonia, actor.
- Pickup, Ronald, actor.
- Eyre, Peter, 1942- actor.
- Gillespie, Dana, actor.
- Coulouris, George, 1903-1989, actor.
- Collings, David, 1940-2020, actor.
- Yarrow, Arnold, actor.
- Trevena, David, actor.
- Delmar, Elaine, actor.
- Lee, Benny, 1916-1995, actor.
- Faulds, Andrew, actor.
- Diamant, Otto, 1905-1993, actor.
- Southgate, Michael, actor.
- Colley, Kenneth, actor.
- McClellan, Sarah, actor.
- McClellan, Claire, actor.
- Goodtimes Enterprises, production company.