American Victorian costume in early photographs [electronic resource]Instantly available on hoopla. Cover image 1 available
- 1 online resource
- text txt rdacontent
- computer c rdamedia
- online resource cr rdacarrier
- text file rda
- Hoopla ebooks.
- Digital content provided by hoopla.
- Over 280 rare photographs document the clothing of ordinary men, women, and children from the 1840s through the 1890s, in what appears to be their Sunday best. Bustles, hoops, pantalets, shirtwaists, top hats, waistcoats, bowlers, other Victorian-era attire, as well as hairdressing and tonsorial styles. Introduction to fashions of each decade.
- System Details
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Clothing and dress -- United States -- History -- 19th century.
- Clothing and dress -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.
- Electronic books.
- Added Author
- hoopla digital.
- 9780486319704 (electronic bk.)
- 0486319709 (electronic bk.)
- Music No.