Chinese Dress : From the Qing Dynasty to the Present [electronic resource]Instantly available on hoopla. Cover image 1 available
- 1 online resource
- text txt rdacontent
- computer c rdamedia
- online resource cr rdacarrier
- text file rda
- Hoopla ebooks.
- Digital content provided by hoopla.
- Featuring over 450 archival photographs and line drawings, Chinese Dress traces the evolution of Chinese clothing from court and formal costumes to the fashions of modern China. A comprehensive and sumptuously illustrated book, Chinese Dress is the essential reference for costume historians, fashion designers and collectors, as well as lovers of beautiful clothes everywhere. Chapters include: -Dress of the Qing Manchu Rulers 1644-1911 -Dress of the Manchu Consorts 1644-1911 -Attire of Mandarins and Merchants -Attire of Chinese Women -Republican Dress 1912-1949 -Clothing of the Lower Classes -Clothing for Children -Dress in New China 1950-2006From Imperial robes to foot binding to the cheongsam, Chinese Dress spotlights traditional Chinese dress against a background of historical, cultural and social change, opening a fascinating window for anyone seeking to deepen their understanding of China, Chinese culture and Chinese fashion history.
- System Details
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Clothing and dress -- China -- History.
- Electronic books.
- China -- History -- Qing dynasty, 1644-1912.
- China -- History -- Republic, 1912-1949.
- Added Author
- hoopla digital.
- 9781462906949 (electronic bk.)
- 146290694X (electronic bk.)
- Music No.