Fashion design, referenced : a visual guide to the history, language & practice of fashion [electronic resource] / Alicia Kennedy & Emily Banis Stoehrer with Jay CalderinInstantly available on hoopla. Cover image 1 available
- 1 online resource
- text txt rdacontent
- computer c rdamedia
- online resource cr rdacarrier
- text file rda
- Hoopla ebooks.
- Digital content provided by hoopla.
- Fashion Design, Referenced is a comprehensive guide through the art and industry of fashion design, richly illustrated with over 1,000 photographs and drawings. Within the framework of four central categories, Fashion Design, Referenced examines the many interwoven elements that form the tapestry of fashion. "Fundamentals" provides an overview of the essential structure of the fashion profession (its organization, specializations, and centers) and looks at shifts in style over time and in ever-faster cycles going forward. "Principles" introduces the steps in creating a collection, from design to production, and explores directions suggested by sustainability and technology. "Dissemination" charts the many avenues by which fashion reaches its audience, whether on the catwalk or in the store, in print or online, in the museum or on the street. "Practice" gathers and appraises the work of the most influential and innovative fashion designers of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. From its first question-What is fashion design?-to its last-What does the future hold?-Fashion Design, Referenced chronicles the scope of ideas, inspirations, and expressions that define fashion culture.
- System Details
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Fashion design -- Reference books.
- Fashion design -- History.
- Fashion design -- Technology.
- Electronic books.
- Added Author
- hoopla digital.
- Added Title
- Visual guide to the history, language & practice of fashion
- 9781610582018 (electronic bk.)
- 1610582012 (electronic bk.)
- Music No.