Mr. Blettsworthy on Rampole Island : being the story of a gentleman of culture and refinement who suffered shipwreck and saw no human beings other than cruel and savage cannibals for several years ; how he beheld Megatheria alive and made some notes of their habits ; how he became a sacred lunatic ; how he did at last escape in a strange manner from the horror and barbarities of Rampole Island in time to fight in the Great War, and how afterwards he came near returning to that island for ever ; with much amusing and edifying matter concerning manners, customs, beliefs, warfare, crime, and a storm at sea ; concluding with some reflections upon life in general and upon these present times in particular [electronic resource]Instantly available on hoopla. Cover image 1 available
- 1 online resource
- text txt rdacontent
- computer c rdamedia
- online resource cr rdacarrier
- text file rda
- Hoopla ebooks.
- Digital content provided by hoopla.
- "Mr. Blettsworthy on Rampole Island" is a 1928 novel by H. G. Wells. It tells the story of Arnold Blettsworthy who, after being betrayed by a business partner, is advised to go travelling in an attempt to recover from his severe disillusionment. However, instead of being full of relaxation and recuperation his trip is filled with nautical mutinies, cannibals, and much that is not what it seems. A fantastic and thought-provoking masterpiece, "Mr. Blettsworthy on Rampole Island" is not to be missed. Herbert George Wells (1866 - 1946) was a seminal English writer whose notable works include "The War of the Worlds" (1897) and "The Time Machine" (1895). Many vintage texts such as this are increasingly scarce and expensive, and it is with this in mind that we are republishing this book now, in an affordable, high-quality, modern edition. It comes complete with a specially commissioned biography of the author.
- System Details
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Voyages, Imaginary -- Fiction.
- Utopias -- Fiction.
- Electronic books.
- Added Author
- hoopla digital.
- Added Title
- Mister Blettsworthy on Rampole Island
- 9781473348967 (electronic bk.)
- 147334896X (electronic bk.)
- Music No.