Out-of-style : a modern perspective of how, why and when vintage fashions evolved : men, women and children 19th through 20th centuries and beyond [electronic resource]Instantly available on hoopla. Cover image 1 available
- 1 online resource
- text txt rdacontent
- computer c rdamedia
- online resource cr rdacarrier
- text file rda
- Hoopla ebooks.
- Digital content provided by hoopla.
- This volume of style clues for fashion detectives weaves fascinating elements of social history into tales of how, why, and when fashions evolved. Hundreds of sequential illustrations highlight the style flourishes that identify garments for men, women, and children as products of their individual periods. The images are accompanied by highly readable - and often humorous - comments and explanations by author and illustrator Betty Kreisel Shubert. A noted fashion historian, Ms. Shubert is a columnist for Ancestry Magazine and has designed clothes and costumes for stage and screen as well as hotels, restaurants, and casinos all over the world. Ranging decade by decade from the nineteenth through twentieth centuries, this book offers a simple way to date photographs and clothing. It also provides background that makes less-accessible histories of costume easier to understand. This second edition, enhanced with a selection of new photographs, offers a valuable resource for costumers, vintage fashion enthusiasts, social historians, genealogists, and collectors of nostalgia items. The easy-to-follow format makes it a great browsing book even for those who are unversed in fashion design and history.
- System Details
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Clothing and dress -- History -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.
- Clothing and dress -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works.
- Fashion -- History -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.
- Fashion -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works.
- Electronic books.
- Added Author
- hoopla digital.
- 9780486830421 (electronic bk.)
- 048683042X (electronic bk.)
- Music No.