Art history : a very short introduction [electronic resource] / Dana ArnoldInstantly available on hoopla. Cover image 1 available
- 1 online resource (1 audio file (4hr., 30 min.)) : digital.
- spoken word spw rdacontent
- computer c rdamedia
- online resource cr rdacarrier
- digital digital recording rda
- data file rda
- Very Short Introductions ;
- Dana, Arnold. Very Short Introductions. Spoken word ;
- Very short introductions ; 102.
- Hoopla audiobooks.
- Digital content provided by hoopla.
- Read by Suzie Althens.
- Art history encompasses the study of the history and development of painting, sculpture, and the other visual arts. In this Very Short Introduction, Dana Arnold presents an introduction to the issues, debates, and artifacts that make up art history. Beginning with a consideration of what art history is, she explains what makes the subject distinctive from other fields of study, and also explores the emergence of social histories of art (such as Feminist Art History and Queer Art History). Using a wide range of images, she goes on to explore key aspects of the discipline including how we write, present, read, and look at art, and the impact this has on our understanding of art history. This second edition includes a new chapter on global art histories, considering how the traditional emphasis on periods and styles in art originated in western art and can obscure other critical approaches and artwork from non-western cultures. Arnold also discusses the relationship between art and history, and the ways in which art can tell a different history from the one narrated by texts.
- System Details
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Art -- History.
- Added Author
- Althens, Suzie.
- hoopla digital.
- 9781666113150 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- 1666113158 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Music No.