Hijacking the runway : how celebrities are stealing the spotlight from fashion designers [electronic resource] / Teri AginsInstantly available on hoopla. Cover image 1 available
- 1 online resource (1 audio file (480 min.)) : digital.
- spoken word spw rdacontent
- computer c rdamedia
- online resource cr rdacarrier
- digital digital recording rda
- data file rda
- Hoopla audiobooks.
- Digital content provided by hoopla.
- Read by Xe Sands.
- Hollywood stars have always furthered fashion's cause of seducing the masses into buying designers' clothes by acting as living billboards. Now, red carpet celebrities are no longer content to just advertise and are putting their names on labels that reflect the image they--or their stylists--created. Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Lopez, Sarah Jessica Parker, Sean Combs, and a host of pop, sports, and reality--show stars of the moment are leveraging the power of their celebrity to become the face of their own fashion brands. And a few celebrities--like the Olsen Twins and Victoria Beckham--have gone all the way and reinvented themselves as bona fide designers. Teri Agins charts this strange new terrain with wit and insight and an insider's access to the fascinating struggles of the bold--type names and their jealousies, insecurities, and triumphs.
- System Details
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Clothing trade.
- Fashion designers.
- Added Author
- Sands, Xe, narrator.
- hoopla digital.
- 9781622315369 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- 1622315367 (sound recording : hoopla Audio Book)
- Music No.