VICTORIAN FASHIONS FOR WOMEN [electronic resource]Instantly available on hoopla. Cover image 1 available
- 1 online resource
- text txt rdacontent
- computer c rdamedia
- online resource cr rdacarrier
- text file rda
- Hoopla ebooks.
- Digital content provided by hoopla.
- Victorian Fashions for Women explores the British styles and clothing throughout the long reign of Queen Victoria, from the late 1830s to the first years of the 20th century. Within are a superb overview of the dresses, hats, hair styles, corsetry, undergarments shoes and boots that combined to present the prevailing styles for each decade. From those who had enough money to have day and evening wear and clothes for sports and outdoor activities, to those with limited income and wardrobes or labouring folk with little more than the clothes they stood up in. All decades are illustrated with original photographs, adverts and contemporary magazine features from the authors' own remarkable collections, accompanied by a knowledgeable and informative text that describes the fashions, their social history context and influences reflected in the clothes of the time. Laid out in a clear and easy-to-follow chronological order, the key features of styles, decoration and accoutrements will help family historians to date family photographs and will provide a useful resource for students and costume historians or for anyone with a love of fashion and style to enjoy.
- System Details
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Clothing and dress -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.
- Fashion -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.
- Clothing and dress -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.
- Fashion -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.
- Electronic books.
- Added Author
- hoopla digital.
- 9781399004176 (electronic bk.)
- 1399004174 (electronic bk.)
- Music No.