Kinotalk : 21st century / Olga MesropovaNot available only show available only show available only show available only show available
PG2129.E5 M474 2020
- xiii, 233 pages ; 25 cm
- text txt rdacontent
- unmediated n rdamedia
- volume nc rdacarrier
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Russian Ark (dir. Alexander Sokurov, 2002) -- The return (dir. Andrei Zviagnitsev, 2003) -- The Italian (dir. Andrei Kravchuk, 2005) -- The mermaid (dir. Anna Melikian, 2007) -- The hipsters (dir. Valery Todorovsky, 2008) -- We are from the future (dir. Andrei Maliukov, 2008) -- Room and a half or Sentimental return home (dir. Andrei Khrzhanovsky, 2008) -- Yolki (dir. Timur Bekmambetov et al., 2010) -- My perestroika (dir. Robin Hessman, 2010) -- Geographer drank a globe away (dir. Alexander Veledinsky, 2013) -- Legend No 17 (dir. Nikolai Lebedev, 2013) -- Fool (dir. Yuri Bykov, 2014) -- Epilogue.
- "Kinotalk: 21st Century is a cinema-based textbook that enhances students' linguistic and cultural proficiency through guided studies of twelve Russian feature films released since the year 2000. Each chapter includes a series of original readings and activities that present captivating and thought-provoking frameworks, in which students of Russian can practice and perfect all four language skills. While providing active stimuli for language production, the volume also aims to immerse students in the world of Russian cinema, society, and culture. Key features include: A broad cross-section of prominent films, directors, cinematic styles, trends, and genres that have emerged in Russia since 2000. A wide selection of authentic texts from Russian scholars and film critics that familiarise students with the language of critical film inquiry in Russian. A multi-disciplinary approach that combines close readings of individual films with considerations of the socio-political, ideological, and economic contexts of their production. A flexible and dynamic modular structure that allows instructors to pick and choose films and topics that are best suited for their classrooms. Aimed at the Intermediate-High to Advanced levels (B1-C1, CEFR levels), this textbook is designed for all those interested in the rich palette of voices, genres, and contexts of 21st century Russian cinema"-- Provided by publisher.
- In English and Russian.
- Russian language -- Textbooks for foreign speakers -- English.
- Russian language -- Study and teaching -- Foreign speakers -- Audio-visual aids.
- Motion pictures -- Study and teaching -- Russia (Federation)
- Russe (Langue) (CaQQLa)201-0074296 -- Manuels pour anglophones. (CaQQLa)201-0383126
- Russe (Langue) (CaQQLa)201-0074296 -- Étude et enseignement (CaQQLa)201-0392392 -- Allophones (CaQQLa)201-0392392 -- Aides audiovisuelles. (CaQQLa)201-0392392
- Motion pictures -- Study and teaching. (OCoLC)fst01027392
- Russian language. (OCoLC)fst01102027
- Russian language -- Study and teaching -- Foreign speakers -- Audio-visual aids. (OCoLC)fst01102247
- Russia (Federation) (OCoLC)fst01262050
- Textbooks -- for English speakers. (OCoLC)fst01423865
- Other Form:
- Online version: Mesropova, Olga, Kinotalk 1. New York : Routledge, 2019. 9781351112031 (DLC) 2019027633
- 9780815362494 hardcover
- 0815362498 hardcover
- 9780815362517 paperback
- 081536251X paperback
- 9781351112031 electronic book
- 9781351112024 electronic book
- 9781351112000 electronic book
- 9781351112017 electronic book