Fashion, costume, and culture [electronic resource] : clothing, headwear, body decorations, and footwear through the ages / Sara Pendergast, Tom Pendergast, and Drew D. Johnson, editorsView ebook from Gale eBooks. 1 available
- 2nd ed.
- 1 online resource (6 v. (1300, cxiii p.)) : col. ill.
- Gale eBooks.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- v. 1. The ancient world -- v. 2. Early cultures across the globe -- v. 3. European culture from the Renaissance to the modern era -- v. 4. Modern world part I: 1900 to 1945 -- v. 5. Modern world part II: 1946 to 1999 -- v. 6. Modern world part III: 2000 to 2012 and religious vestments.
- Provides facts and information about the cultural, religious, and social implications of human decoration and adornment throughout history, with a particular emphasis on the decades of the 20th century. In 500 entries, detailed information about clothing, hairstyles, tattoos, jewelry, body piercing, feet binding, and other types of fashion or style is examined. Entries explain the fashion or style within the context of the traditions, customs, rituals, and practices.
- Description based on print version record.
- Clothing and dress -- History.
- Fashion -- History.
- Body marking -- History.
- Dress accessories -- History.
- Added Author
- Johnson, Drew D., editor.
- Pendergast, Sara, editor.
- Pendergast, Tom, editor.
- Gale (Firm)
- Other Form:
- Print version: Fashion, costume, and culture. Detroit : UXL, c2013 9781414498416 (DLC) 2012026648
- 9781414498485 (electronic book)
- 1414498489 (electronic book)
- 9781414498416 (set : alk. paper)
- 9781414498423 (vol. 1 : alk. paper)
- 9781414498430 (vol. 2 : alk. paper)
- 9781414498447 (vol. 3 : alk. paper)
- 9781414498454 (vol. 4 : alk. paper)
- 9781414498461 (vol. 5 : alk. paper)
- 9781414498478 (vol. 6 : alk. paper)
- 1414498411 (set)
- 141449842X (vol. 1)
- 1414498438 (vol. 2)
- 1414498446 (vol. 3)
- 1414498454 (vol. 4)
- 1414498462 (vol. 5)
- 1414498470 (vol. 6)