Atlas of fashion designers [electronic resource] / Laura EceizaInstantly available on hoopla. Cover image 1 available
- 1 online resource
- text txt rdacontent
- computer c rdamedia
- online resource cr rdacarrier
- text file rda
- Hoopla ebooks.
- Digital content provided by hoopla.
- Current fashion is a complex phenomenon. In a constant state of constant flux, contemporary fashion combines a mix of the different cultural aspects that inform the modern individual. Atlas of Fashion Designers is born out of this proposition, and features a compilation of the most important fashion designers and their work in the past five years, selected from a multi-disciplinary perspective that display the heterogeneous mix of today's fashion world. Featured designers all have one trait in common: they were singled out, not only for the quality of their work, but also because they illustrate different perspectives in their approach to fashion. This book includes designers with a wide array of visions, from classical haute couture to those who experiment with developing fields such as anthropology, new textiles, high technology, architecture, art, or recycling. From Ricardo Tiscci, Nicholas Ghesquière to Sybilla, to artists who are primarily concerned with pure fashion such as Lucy Orta, or to those investigators who concern themselves with innovation in the fields of textile research and technology, such as Issey Miyake or Hussein Chalayan. Atlas of Fashion Designers is a very relevant and useful reference in a hybrid society, which is composed of ever increasing heterogeneous elements. By offering a synthetic, fluid and diverse approach to the subject, the "Atlas" draws a map of the complex world of fashion at present time, and looks forward to what it may be tomorrow.
- System Details
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Fashion designers.
- Fashion design -- History -- 21st century.
- Electronic books.
- Added Author
- hoopla digital.
- 9781616736057 (electronic bk.)
- 1616736054 (electronic bk.)
- Music No.