Through the French provinces [electronic resource]Instantly available on hoopla. Cover image 1 available
- 1 online resource
- text txt rdacontent
- computer c rdamedia
- online resource cr rdacarrier
- text file rda
- Hoopla ebooks.
- Digital content provided by hoopla.
- Travel book that takes the reader on a tour of France, from the fortress castles of Touraine to the Valley of the Rhone and the provinces of Aussois and Morvan. Boat trips up and down the Seine and the Oise, in a motor car through the Loire valley, and many more adventures. "Through the French Provinces years ago, when I went as a mere boy to study in France, the country and its picturesque towns and villages took a strong hold upon me. Since then, despite repeated sojourns and years of travel, the French provinces seem ever to unfold new riches and to prove an inexhaustible mine of interest. With the possible exception of Italy, I know of no country whose little towns so well repay investigation, and yet, until recent years of automobiling, how little have they been visited by the tourist! If the succeeding pages serve to open new vistas to the careful traveller-to the lover of the picturesque or the student of architecture - and bring to his notice some hitherto unknown corners of an altogether fascinating country, the purpose of this book will have been fulfilled."-Preface
- System Details
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Electronic books.
- France -- Description and travel.
- Castles -- France.
- Added Author
- hoopla digital.
- 9781805230724 (electronic bk.)
- 1805230727 (electronic bk.)
- Music No.