Extravagances : Habits of Being 4 / Cristina Giorcelli and Paula Rabinowitz, editorsView ebook from Project Muse. (Unlimited users) 1 available
- 1 online resource (328 pages): illustrations (some color).
- text txt rdacontent
- computer c rdamedia
- online resource cr rdacarrier
- Habits of being ; 4
- Book collections on Project MUSE.
- Includes some articles translated from Italian.
- Machine generated contents note: 1. When Women Speak ... Their Clothes Talk / Mariapia Bobbioni -- 2. Accessory Is a Gesture IN CONVERSATION WITH CRISTINA GIORCELLI / Guillermo Mariotto -- 3. Wearing a Crown / Paola Colaiacomo -- 4. Earrings in American Literature A Showcase / Cristina Giorcelli -- 5. Buttons, Buttons, and More Buttons! / Margherita Di Fazio -- 6. Curse of the Corsage Femmes Fatales And The Can-Do Girl / Charlotte Nekola -- 7. Schiaparelli's Convulsive Gloves / Victoria R. Pass -- 8. Frock and Bracelet in Omeros / Maria Anita Stefanelli -- 9. Kahlo and O'Keeffe Portrait Of The Artist As Fashion Icon / Paula Rabinowitz -- 10. Strays / Tarrah Krajnak -- 11. Erotic Play of the Veil Tapadas In Lima / Camilla Cattarulla -- 12. Clad in the Bloody Livery Fashion And Color During Argentina's Civil War / Amanda Salvioni -- 13. To Fashion the Wonderful Garment W. E. B. Du Bois's The Quest Of The Silver Fleece And Nella Larsen's Quicksand / M. Giulia Fabi -- 14. Subtle and Spectacular Dressing In Kalabari Style / Joanne B. Eicher -- 15. Shmata Mash-up A Jewette For Two Voices / Adeena Karasick.
- "This four-volume English-language series extracts more than forty of the best essays included in the ongoing editions Abito e Identità: Ricerche di storia letteraria e culturale, edited by Cristina Giorcelli and published since 1995 by Edizioni Associate (volumes 1/3) and Ila Palma Press (volumes 4/12) of Rome, Italy. Habits of Being augments these Italian-published essays with newly commissioned ones and with examples of work by contemporary artists who explore the interface between text and textile. The result of almost two decades of research by international teams of scholars from Algeria, France, Hungary, Italy, and the United States, the series focuses on the multiple forms and meanings attached to various articles of clothing in literature, film, performance, art, and other cultural arenas as well as on the social, economic, and semiotic connotations of clothing. Bringing together the work of literary and film critics, art and fashion historians, semioticians, sociologists, historians, and ethnographers, as well as psychoanalysts, artists, and fashion designers, these books offer an English-speaking audience a rare glimpse of the important studies being published in Italy, that most modish of nations." Provided by publisher.
- Includes some articles translated from Italian and taken from Abito e identità.
- Description based on print version record.
- Wealth in literature. (OCoLC)fst01173002
- Fashion in literature. (OCoLC)fst00921642
- Fashion. (OCoLC)fst00921600
- Dress accessories. (OCoLC)fst00897974
- Clothing and dress in literature. (OCoLC)fst01199303
- Clothing and dress. (OCoLC)fst00864680
- Clothing and dress -- Social aspects. (OCoLC)fst00864722
- Fashion -- Social aspects. (OCoLC)fst00921619
- DESIGN / Essays
- FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS / General
- Richesse dans la litterature.
- Vêtements -- Accessoires -- Histoire.
- Wealth in literature.
- Fashion in literature.
- Clothing and dress in literature.
- Fashion -- History.
- Dress accessories -- History.
- Clothing and dress -- History.
- Fashion -- Social aspects.
- Clothing and dress -- Social aspects.
- History. (OCoLC)fst01411628
- Electronic books.
- Added Author
- Rabinowitz, Paula, editor.
- Giorcelli, Cristina, editor.
- Project Muse. distributor
- Added Title
- Abito e identità.